[gecode-users] Using MiniZinc/GeCode in VS

Guido Tack tack at gecode.org
Thu Mar 31 11:16:03 CEST 2011

Hi Andrei,

VisualStudio isn't the perfect environment for writing MiniZinc (did you mean the MiniZinc IDE?).  But yes, once you have a MiniZinc model, you can certainly run it through Gecode.  There's some information on how to do it on our FlatZinc web page:
http://www.gecode.org/flatzinc.html

You'll have to compile the MiniZinc to FlatZinc using mzn2fzn (have a look at the MiniZinc documentation), using the -I flag with the path to the Gecode mznlib (as explained on our FlatZinc page). Then you can run the generated FlatZinc through our fz executable.

Guido Tack, http://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~guido.tack/