[gecode-users] Lower bound for Branch-and-bound

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 09:33:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

If you look in the code of the TSP example, you can see that the model uses
a circuit constraint with costs variables. The propagation of this
constraint is what computes the bounds for the cost variable. When a tour is
found, the cost variable will be fixed.

As for running BAB search for finding optimum solutions, the short answer is
yes. It is what BAB search is used for.

Please read the documentation in Modeling and Programming with Gecode, where
it is all described. Section 2.5 and 8.1 describe best solution search and
circuit constraints respectively.

Cheers,
Mikael

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist, http://www.ict.kth.se/~zayenz/