[gecode-users] Configure fails on Gentoo Linux

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 16:05:56 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Vasilij Savin
<Vasilij.Savin.8691 at student.uu.se> wrote:
> I have finally managed to get past java dependency hell. :)

Great.

> Some points to consider if default way fails as I had it in Gentoo.
>
> if JAVAC defined as : JAVAC = javac then
>   redefine _cur: _cur = <JAVA_HOME>, where your JVM resides
>   define $_JTOPDIR: $_JTOPDIR = $_cur
>   commment out path construction for $_JTOPDIR
>
> It is sort of hardcoding hack, but it seems to work.

It might be a good idea to add a way of directly specifying the java
paths for odd architectures. Something for us to think about.

> Now there is another problem I am tackling now. I have installed the Gecode
> all by default. But now pkg-config fails:
>
> checking for GECODE... configure: error:
> The pkg-config configuration files for Gecode 2.2.0 were not found.
>
> Please make sure that Gecode is installed, and that the directory
> <prefix>/lib/pkgconfig is on the default path for pkg-config.
> Otherwise, extend the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable accordingly.
>
> I have checked both gecode and gecode/j installing instructions and there is
> no mentioning how this should be done. I am going to try to follow the given
> instructions and report the results.

This is really as simple as following the instructions that configure
spits out: add <prefix>/lib/pkgconfig to PKG_CONFIG_PATH, er extend
the default paths for pkg-config.

Cheers,
Mikael

--