[gecode-users] Configure fails on Gentoo Linux

Vasilij Savin Vasilij.Savin.8691 at student.uu.se
Tue Sep 16 15:56:46 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have finally managed to get past java dependency hell. :)

Some points to consider if default way fails as I had it in Gentoo.

if JAVAC defined as : JAVAC = javac then
    redefine _cur: _cur = <JAVA_HOME>, where your JVM resides
    define $_JTOPDIR: $_JTOPDIR = $_cur
    commment out path construction for $_JTOPDIR

It is sort of hardcoding hack, but it seems to work.

Now there is another problem I am tackling now. I have installed the
Gecode all by default. But now pkg-config fails:

checking for GECODE... configure: error:
The pkg-config configuration files for Gecode 2.2.0 were not found.

Please make sure that Gecode is installed, and that the directory
<prefix>/lib/pkgconfig is on the default path for pkg-config.
Otherwise, extend the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable accordingly.

I have checked both gecode and gecode/j installing instructions and
there is no mentioning how this should be done. I am going to try to
follow the given instructions and report the results.

Regards,
Vasilij Savin