[gecode-users] About the parallel conditional combinator in Gecol

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Wed May 7 11:26:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

There is in principle no problem with a non-deterministic construct in
Gecode: the point is that the full reduction of the construct must be
monotonic. This is no different for parallel conditionals in Mozart, say.

I don't feel right now that an ask combinator is of sufficient general
interest to be included in Gecode. We are quite conservative to include new
stuff into Gecode (basically, there should be an application that needs it).
If others think otherwise, please make yourself heard.

Christian Schulte, www.ict.kth.se/~cschulte/