[gecode-users] About the parallel conditional combinator in Gecol

Mauricio Toro mauriciotorob at gmail.com
Mon May 5 18:33:08 CEST 2008

Hello all,How are you doing?

I know that Gecode is not made for concurrent constraint programming
and there are not combinators in Gecode. But, since the ask
propagator worked very good. Now I am interested in writting
the parallel conditional combinator in Gecode. Not necessary
as a combinator, but I need something with this semantic:

Non deterministically choose
  if Boolean var 1 then Process 1
  if Boolean var 2 then Process 2
  if Boolean var n then Process n
end

>From the n variables, I want to execute choose one process
between the variables which value is assigned true.

Since, it is not possible to write non-monotonic propagators in
Gecode, what can I do?

I tried doing the choice, after I reach a fix-point, but what happens
if I have many of this non-deterministic choices?

It is required to write it this using Gecode and being efficient.

All ideas are welcomed. Thanks

P.S : Gecode developers, do you want to include the ask propagator inside
Gecode?
I have an stress example showing better performance than using Mozart-Oz.

Mauricio

--
Mauricio Toro Bermudez
Estudiante de Ingeniería de Sistemas