[gecode-users] New Gecode/J

Ujhelyi Zoltan uz602 at hszk.bme.hu
Sun Jan 27 12:53:10 CET 2008

Hello,

at the Budapest University of Technology and Economics we are planning
to use Gecode/J for a new project. We are currently exploring it.

As we looked at the homepage, we saw that a new version of Gecode was
released in November, and I read in the gecode-users archive, that the
porting of Gecode/J has began.

I would like to know whether you suggest waiting for the new version
(or at least using the svn version), or is it better to start on with
Gecode 1.3.1 and Gecode/J 1.0.1? Some of the new Gecode features does
look promising, and the more efficient constraint solving comes always
in good stead.

Thank you very much for your help

Zoltán Ujhelyi