[gecode-users] Renaming file extensions: cc to cpp, icc to hpp

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Fri Aug 22 11:44:16 CEST 2008

Hi!

We have decided to rename all .cc files to .cpp, and all .icc files
to .hpp.  The .hh files remain the same.  We do this so that the file
type associations e.g. in IDEs or file system browsers work better,
as .icc is typically not used for C++ headers but ColorSync profiles
etc.

The idea behind our naming scheme is the following: files with cpp or
hpp extension contain code, while .hh files are header files
containing only declarations.  As a user, you never have to include
anything except .hh files (which may in turn include .hpp files).

The changes have been committed to the trunk, the upcoming release
2.2.0 will use the old (cc/icc) naming scheme.