[gecode-users] svn: bug in sudoku.cc

Filip Konvička filip.konvicka at logis.cz
Mon Nov 26 17:17:59 CET 2007

>> trying to compile trunk with MSVC 9, I got an error compiling sudoku.cc,
>> can be probably fixed with [...]
>
> You checked out the trunk while it was in an inconsistent state, it
> should be fixed now.
Yes, probably.
>> MSVC 9 Express Edition, with the following commands under cygwin:
>>
>> export PATH="/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio
>> 9.0/Common7/IDE:$PATH"
>> export PATH="/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio
>> 9.0/VC/bin:$PATH"
>> export INCLUDE='C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
>> 9.0\VC\include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include'
>> export LIB='C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
>> 9.0\VC\lib;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\lib'
>> ./configure CC=cl CXX=cl
>> make
>>
>> Trying to build outside of the source tree failed somehow, though.
> Otherwise, compilation went extremely smooth with a fresh install of
>
> Again, this might have been due to the bogus state of the svn, it
> currently compiles without problems for me (using MSVC 2005, though).

This was no problem report, just a reference for anyone trying to
compile on Cygwin (it's always rather complicated to get INCLUDE, LIB
and PATH point to the right directories). Actually, this was the main
reason of my post.
>> Nevermind, excellent!
>
> It will get even better :-)  We're currently integrating Gist, our
> Qt-based visual search tool, into the main Gecode tree - you may have
> seen the check-ins in the trunk.
Yes, I noticed :-) Cool.

So now I'm ready to explore the new worlds :-)

Cheers,
Filip