[gecode-users] Problem with MSI installer

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Mon Feb 26 12:42:26 CET 2007

Hello!

> Ive been trying to install Gecode 1.3.1 on my windows laptop at work
> without much luck. The installer gets stuck on 'Computing Space
> Requirements', yielding a 'Could not access network location 1'
> after a
> while. Disconnecting the network cable allows me to continue but at
> the
> end i am informed that i do not have enough disk space, even though
> i have
> 32GB free. The laptop in question runs Windows XP SP2. I also tried
> the
> installer on two PC's at home, one running Vista and one Windows XP
> SP2,
> both exhibit the same behavior.

This is strange. We tested the installation on a couple of different
systems (not including Vista yet, though), and we have never had this
problem. Are you using a localized version of Windows, and if yes,
which? I think we tried both a German and an English version, but you
never know...

> While i could use the win32 binaries zip file, i would like to try out
> Gecode/J which seems to only be available pre-compiled as part of
> the MSI
> installer.

That's right. However, there were some problems with the Gecode/J
bundled in the MSI. We are currently preparing a bugfix release of
Gecode/J, which will also come with an updated installer. Maybe you
want to wait a little while (approximately 2-3 weeks) - we'll let you
know when we've finished it.

Guido Tack
Programming Systems Lab, Saarland University, Germany
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack