[gecode-users] Problem with MSI installer

petert at itu.dk petert at itu.dk
Mon Feb 26 12:16:58 CET 2007

Hi,

Ive been trying to install Gecode 1.3.1 on my windows laptop at work
without much luck. The installer gets stuck on 'Computing Space
Requirements', yielding a 'Could not access network location 1' after a
while. Disconnecting the network cable allows me to continue but at the
end i am informed that i do not have enough disk space, even though i have
32GB free. The laptop in question runs Windows XP SP2. I also tried the
installer on two PC's at home, one running Vista and one Windows XP SP2,
both exhibit the same behavior.

While i could use the win32 binaries zip file, i would like to try out
Gecode/J which seems to only be available pre-compiled as part of the MSI
installer.

Regards,
Peter Tiedemann