Re Re: [gecode-users] help me on compiling gecode

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 06:28:50 CET 2007

On 2/21/07, Xiangchao Gan <xiang.gan at kcl.ac.uk> wrote:
>  I am compiling the gecode on an gentoo-linux server. (Actually, I
> have another sparc-sun-solaris2.8 server, when I ./configure the gecode
> there, it reports that the os is not supported).

If you are in dire need to compile Gecode on the Solaris machine, it
is possible in principle, but there are some problems. See below.

>  On my gentoo-linux server, the gcc is very old. So I just compile the
> new gcc first with ./configure --prefix=/home/gan/gcc-4.1.2 && make &&
> make install
> (I have no root privilege there).

The prefix-variable is used to determine where Gecode should be installed.

To decide which gcc to use, supply the CC and CXX variables to configure.

See http://www.gecode.org/gecode-doc-latest/PageComp.html for more
information about this, and how to configure on a Solaris machine.

Cheers,
Mikael

--
Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist, http://www.ict.kth.se/~zayenz/