[gecode-users] Gecode/J - gist

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Mon Apr 23 08:51:56 CEST 2007

Hi.

Miroslava Plachá wrote:

> Hi,
> I uninstalled and reinstalled Gecode/J (the last release) and when
> I try to run
> any given example (and see gist working) I get this error:
>
> C:\javagecode\druhy\Gist\src\examples\Options.java:16: cannot access
> org.gecode.gist.Gist
> bad class file: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_09\jre\lib\ext
> \GecodeJ.jar(org/gecode/gist/Gist.class)
> class file has wrong version 50.0, should be 49.0
> Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory
> of the
> classpath.
> import org.gecode.gist.Gist;
>
> I didn't touch anything in Options.java (have a new project with
> this class
> and one example).
> If I write my own program (just with org.gecode classes) it works
> fine.
>
> What can be wrong and how can I fix it?

This is a bug in the Windows package that we only found recently.
Apparently, stuff compiled with Java 1.6 does not run on Java 1.5,
and our new Gecode/J packages were compiled with 1.6. You have two
currently building and testing new Windows installer packages that
will work with both Java 1.5 and 1.6.

Guido Tack
Programming Systems Lab, Saarland University, Germany
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack