[gecode-users] Graphical java search under c++.

Zampelli Stephane Stephane.Zampelli at info.ucl.ac.be
Mon Oct 2 14:50:49 CEST 2006

Guido Tack wrote:

> Hi Stéphane.
>
>> One question : is it possible to use the graphical search from
>> GecodeJ inside a C++ gecode script ?
>

> I've had a wrapper in that direction working, but only under Linux. I
> certainly won't work under Mac OS, and I've never tried hard to make
> it work under Windows. It was a bit difficult to set up, too... If
> you want, I can dig out the sources.

Actually I do not care about portability for now. All I want is a
research tool to track propagation and displays the state of my graphs
in C++. I am working under linux so this is fine. Please let me know if
you can send me the sources.

> Depending on what exactly you need, help might be on the way ;-) I'm
> hacking together a simplistic visualization, probably without too
> many interactive features at the beginning. And you could ask
> Grégoire to finish his Python explorer, because that should be a lot
> easier to call from C++.

Sure, using Grégoire's python explorer would be nice, but it is still
young, and I need graph variables (not yet available in python gecode).

> Cheers,
>     Guido

Cheers,

Stéphane.