[gecode-users] Request for information

Gustavo Gutierrez ggutierrez at cic.puj.edu.co
Thu May 4 16:49:49 CEST 2006

> I'm definitely interested! :-) Alas, I have no time at all for this....
>
> Matthieu, if you need something now, try Mozart (www.mozart-oz.org) with
> the XRI module (http://home.gna.org/xrilpoz/). Note however that there
> are no edge-finding propagators for the continuous-domain variables in
> XRI. There are also a few minor bugs in XRI, but it's all listed in the
> mailing list and there are workarounds.

After having continuous variables integrated we can use "elisa"
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/elisa/) as a good starting point for
building better propagators. I am not sure if the elisa license allows
it but i think some things can be done. The design of elisa is clear
and very modular so It won't be difficult to take some ideas from
there.

> By the way, I've heard somewhere that the AVISPA group, the authors of
> XRI, work on integration of Mozart and GECODE. So maybe there will be a
> version of XRI for GECODE someday? (Or someone does this "from scratch"
> - XRI is in fact a rather thin wrapper around the smath library.)

Sure, it will. The problem now is the time. Currently I am totally
concerned with the mozart-gecode integration (which is not quite
easy!) and don't have much time.

Gustavo Gutierrez