[gecode-users] Request for information

Filip Konvička filip.konvicka at logis.cz
Thu May 4 15:46:06 CEST 2006

> No, there are no continuous domains in Gecode so far. But the good news is
> that it should be easy enough to do.
>
> Well, or at least: Gecode provides all interfaces and abstractions to add
> new variable domains (as witnessed by CP(Graph)).
>
> And maybe there are also other people interested in that?

I'm definitely interested! :-) Alas, I have no time at all for this....

Matthieu, if you need something now, try Mozart (www.mozart-oz.org) with
the XRI module (http://home.gna.org/xrilpoz/). Note however that there
are no edge-finding propagators for the continuous-domain variables in
XRI. There are also a few minor bugs in XRI, but it's all listed in the
mailing list and there are workarounds.

By the way, I've heard somewhere that the AVISPA group, the authors of
XRI, work on integration of Mozart and GECODE. So maybe there will be a
version of XRI for GECODE someday? (Or someone does this "from scratch"
- XRI is in fact a rather thin wrapper around the smath library.)

One more question: how do you plan to employ AC|DC2?

Cheers,
Filip

--
Filip Konvička