[Gecode] Re: Logo, Homepage

Christian Lindig lindig at cs.uni-sb.de
Tue Oct 26 16:27:31 CEST 2004

> I like Christian's short logo. I don't think we need a logo with the
> name
> "Gecode" in it, and I share Christian Schulte's opinion that "Gecode"
> in
> green is not such a good choice. The logo doesn't look too good
> without the
> "G". So, after all, I vote for keeping this version - maybe we can play
> around a bit with the font, size, and position of the "G".
> The text on the front page is of course just a first rough cut.

I think the home page has a really attractive touch. The quite colorful
logo is contrasted with the quite but not boring design of the page. I
especially like the how the green bar on the side and the green links
correspond to the green in the logo. This makes clear that green is the
important part of Gecode without having to use green again for "gecode"
as part of the logo.

-- Christian