Questions and Answers
You can contact the Gecode developers and users via a mailing list. But, please make sure to not waste your time and the time of others:
- Please check Gecode's documentation first.
- Please check the archive of the Gecode users mailing list as to whether a similar question has been asked before.
- Please focus on questions specific to Gecode. For general questions about constraint programming more suitable forums exist.
- Please provide sufficient detail: describe your platform (operating system, compiler, Gecode version) and your problem (what does not work, what do you want to do, what is the problem you observe) as accurately as you can.
- Please do not contact individual developers: it is much better to build a comprehensive archive of questions and answers related to Gecode that can be useful for everyone. If you have any questions not suitable for the public mailing list, please do not hesitate to contact one of the authors directly.
- Never ask for solutions to homework. The only more offensive thing you could do is to provide a solution on the mailing list if someone has violated the no homework policy!
For technical discussions about Gecode, please subscribe to the users mailing list using the web interface. An archive of the mailing list articles is also available.
To keep up to date with the latest releases of Gecode, please subscribe to the announce mailing list using the web interface.
The mailing lists are mirrored on Gmane. You can browse their excellent web-based archive or search it:Or you can use your favorite news reader. For more information on Gmane, please see the Gmane web site.
We are grateful for any suggestions how to improve Gecode. Please report any bug you should find as well as feature requests using the Gecode bug reporting page.
Please do not report bugs in external projects to Gecode, in particular not for those distributed with Gecode in the contribs directory. If you find bugs in contributed code, please see the projects' web pages for information on how to contact them.
Gecode is currently developed by
- Christian Schulte (email) (head, KTH, Sweden)
- Mikael Lagerkvist (email) (KTH, Sweden)
- Guido Tack (email) (Monash University, Australia)