Gecode 4.4.0 has been released on March 23rd, 2015 (Changelog). Gecode is distributed under the MIT license. See our license information page for details. If you find any bugs, you can enter them into our bug tracking system.
Please refer to Section 2.6 of Modeling and Programming with Gecode for additional installation and compilation instructions.
Gecode comes with an interpreter for the FlatZinc language (see our FlatZinc page for details). It currently supports FlatZinc version 1.6.0.
Binary Packages (Version 4.4.0)
- Microsoft Windows: the packages assume that you have the appropriate version of Microsoft Visual Studio installed. If not (maybe you only want to use the FlatZinc interpreter) you might have to install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2012, Visual Studio 2013, or Visual Studio 2015.
- Windows x86 (32 bit, MSVC 2012): Gecode-4.4.0-x86-2012.msi.
- Windows x86 (32 bit, MSVC 2013): Gecode-4.4.0-x86-2013.msi.
- Windows x86 (32 bit, MSVC 2015): Gecode-4.4.0-x86-2015.msi.
- Windows x64 (64 bit, MSVC 2012): Gecode-4.4.0-x64-2012.msi.
- Windows x64 (64 bit, MSVC 2013): Gecode-4.4.0-x64-2013.msi.
- Windows x64 (64 bit, MSVC 2015): Gecode-4.4.0-x64-2015.msi.
- Mac OS X ≥ 10.8 (Intel 64 bit only): Gecode-4.4.0.dmg. This package includes the Qt library, no separate download is needed. Note: The code has been compiled with the Apple clang C++ compiler, which currently seems to cause problems with some float and set constraints.
- Linux and FreeBSD: while packages for many Linux distributions (Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo, OpenSUSE, and most likely others) and FreeBSD exist, these packages often lag behind by several versions. If you prefer an up-to-date version (which you definitely should), please consider building Gecode from source.
The binary packages for Windows and Mac OS include some parts of the Qt library which is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL), for more details read about Qt's licensing terms. Additionally, the Windows binary is statically linked against the MPFR and MPIR libraries which are also both licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL).
Source Packages (Version 4.4.0)
Anonymous svn Access
The Gecode source code is also available via anonymous access to our subversion repository. The URL of the released version, 4.4.0, is
To get started, check out the current release using the command
svn --username anonymous checkout \ https://svn.gecode.org/svn/gecode/tags/release-4.4.0
You will have to use anonymous as the login and your email address as the password.
You can also try out the cutting-edge development version of Gecode. Please note, however, that this version reflects work in progress, so there may be bugs. It even may not compile at all. So, for the curious and venturous, the URL is
Gecode Versions 4.*.*
- gecode-4.3.3.tar.gz gecode-18.104.22.168z
- gecode-4.2.1.tar.gz gecode-22.214.171.124z
- gecode-4.1.0.tar.gz gecode-126.96.36.199z
- gecode-4.0.0.tar.gz gecode-188.8.131.52z