[gecode-users] tracing without programming?

Johannes Waldmann johannes.waldmann at htwk-leipzig.de
Tue Jan 17 13:42:50 CET 2017

Hi Christian,

> tracing does not trace search it traces propagation and is really not meant
> for instructional purposes.

sorry for not being clear enough,
"propagation" *is* a topic of my course.
(using parts of Chapter 7 of: Apt: Principles of C.P.)

> Have you tried Gist instead:

Thanks, I will. - What does it do, exactly:

it does run a full search (until next or all solutions),
then draws the tree?

I see that I can inspect a node, to see a domain assignment.

Is it also possible to "inspect an edge", that is,
to see why the domain assignment changed
when going from a node to its child?

- J.