[gecode-users] Gecode 5.0.0 released

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Thu Oct 27 10:07:15 CEST 2016

Hi Carlo,

Thanks. Which platform are we talking?

Christian Schulte, www.gecode.org/~schulte

Professor of Computer Science, KTH,  <mailto:cschulte at kth.se> cschulte at kth.se

Expert Researcher, SICS,  <mailto:cschulte at sics.se> cschulte at sics.se

From: Carlo Capelli [mailto:cc.carlo.cap at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2016 09:00
To: cschulte at kth.se
Cc: announce at gecode.org; Gecode
Subject: Re: [gecode-users] Gecode 5.0.0 released

Dear Christian

Thanks so much for this release.

I'm here just to note 2 small glitches about Qt5 integration (at least, the
current 5.7 version):

- when building, the default toolset (configure && make) should probably be
extended to handle C++11.
I just patched Makefile.in, adding CXXUSR=-std=c++11 at line 71, but surely
there will be a proper way instead of hardcoding the option.
Probably CMake already solves this detail, but I have not tested it.

- in MPG Digia should substitute Nokia

Best regards, Carlo

Dear all,

We are happy to announce that Gecode 5.0.0 has been released on October 25,
2016. Here is an excerpt from the changelog:

This release adds a number of new features and fixes many bugs (some rather
serious), so it is recommended to switch as soon as possible to this
release. Some highlights are: re-added limited discrepancy search (LDS);
added sequential and parallel portfolio-based search (PBS); added support
for groups of propagators and branchers; added extensive tracing
functionality based on groups; propagators can be disabled and re-enabled;
support for arbitrary memory allocators; changed the notion of "integer
consistency level" to the more expressive concept "integer propagation
level".

Christian Schulte, www.gecode.org/~schulte
Professor of Computer Science, KTH, cschulte at kth.se
Expert Researcher, SICS, cschulte at sics.se