[gecode-users] Strange Error Concerning Memory

Yunus Acikoz yunusacikoz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 16:23:17 CEST 2016

Hello,

I've implemented a model that is derived from Gecode::IntMinimizeSpace. The
model contains a propagator which is derived from Gecode::Propagator. My
propagator holds four integer ViewArrays, each having around 15000 views.
And each view in three of these arrays is assigned an advisor which is
derived from Gecode::Advisor (making approximately 45000 advisors in
total). This propagator also holds two integer vectors of size 15000 which
I am using as labels in propagation. These two vectors are allocated from
Gecode space. This little information might give an idea about the problem
size.

At some point while solving the model with the BAB search engine, an
exception is thrown and stack trace only points to the Gecode dll and
nothing more. I used Microsoft's Application Verifier tool, it gives the
following output:

                <avrf:logEntry Time="2016-08-05 : 10:44:39"
LayerName="Exceptions" StopCode="0x650" Severity="Error">
<avrf:message>Attempt to execute code in non-executable memory (first
chance).</avrf:message>
<avrf:parameter1>24c4ab54e88 - Address being accessed.</avrf:parameter1>
<avrf:parameter2>24c4ab54e88 - Code performing invalid
access.</avrf:parameter2>
<avrf:parameter3>fde92fe1f0 - Exception record. Use .exr to display
it.</avrf:parameter3>
<avrf:parameter4>fde92fdd00 - Context record. Use .cxr to display
it.</avrf:parameter4>
<avrf:stackTrace>
<avrf:trace>vfbasics!+7ffab0f981b2 ( @ 0)</avrf:trace>
<avrf:trace>vfbasics!+7ffab0f9787e ( @ 0)</avrf:trace>
<avrf:trace>ntdll!MD5Update+a43 ( @ 0)</avrf:trace>
<avrf:trace>ntdll!RtlImageNtHeaderEx+17b ( @ 0)</avrf:trace>
<avrf:trace>ntdll!KiUserExceptionDispatcher+3a ( @ 0)</avrf:trace>
<avrf:trace>????????+0000024C4AB54E88</avrf:trace>
</avrf:stackTrace>
</avrf:logEntry>

I don't expect any detailed answer with this much information, but maybe
you can tell me where to look or what kind of mistake I should look for in
my code. Because I don't have any idea about what may be causing this.

Thanks,
Yunus Acikoz