[gecode-users] Freeze with MSVC 2015 optimized build

Filip Konvička filip.konvicka at logis.cz
Sun Apr 3 22:12:25 CEST 2016

Hi,

I have updated to MSVC 2015 update 2, compiled the current Gecode trunk
for x64, and my testcase from the beginning of this thread still freezes
(the one from Sep 3rd 2015 - I have attached it to this mail for
convenience).

I also tried running Float::Arithmetic::Div::Sol::A and that test still
fails.  For some reason 'make check' only runs a small subset of tests,
so I ran this manually like this:

$ test/test -test Float::Arithmetic::Div::Sol::A
Float::Arithmetic::Div::Sol::A -

Another try failed with a different seed number:
$ test/test -test Float::Arithmetic::Div
Float::Arithmetic::Div::A +++++
Float::Arithmetic::Div::B +++++
Float::Arithmetic::Div::C +++++
Float::Arithmetic::Div::Sol::A -

Thanks,
Filip

> Christian,
>
> Thanks.  I was referring to this September & October thread - there were
> issues with Gecode freezing on some FloatVar problems (my testcase and
> your "Float::Arithmetic::Div::C") with MSVC 2015, and you said then that
> it might be resolved by not using SSE2 (but that Guido would investigate
> more).  We also identified a number of float tests that were failing on
> GCC 5 (not with GCC 4.9).
>
> I can try re-running our tests here with the current trunk to see if
> something changed - I just thought that I would ask directly whether you
> did something specific to address these issues.  The failures seemed a
> bit non-deterministic...
>
> Thanks,
> Filip
>
>> MSVC2015 works for Gecode.4.4.0 since its initial release, I in fact
>> uploaded packages to the Gecode website last week. Since last week
>> (Mar 30)
>> the update 2 to MSVC 2015 finally also compiles the trunk and the
>> upcoming
>> Gecode 5.0.0.
>>
>> Don't know about GCC, though.
>>
>> Cheers