[gecode-users] Disjunctive Minizinc constraint

Sebastian Kosch sebastian.kosch at mail.utoronto.ca
Fri Sep 18 20:31:46 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'd like to use Minizinc's disjunctive constraint in Gecode, but no such
thing is provided. The gecode_schedule_unary constraint requires known
processing times and isn't an option.

Now, there Gecode has a version of the unary constraint that has
flexible processing times, but also takes in an array of end times
(which it then doesn't propagate on, so I don't really get the point).
I've created a binding for it in the registry file and have given my
model a dummy array of end time variables, and that appears to work okay.

Still, it'd be nice if Gecode supported Minizinc's disjunctive(var[],
var[]) out of the box.

Is what I'm doing kosher, and could a "proper" version of this be added
to the trunk?

Many thanks,
Sebastian