[gecode-users] model with float variables sometimes hangs during search

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Wed Apr 15 16:05:57 CEST 2015

Hi,

This could be a feature and not a bug in that constraint propagation is just
very slow to converge. For floating point numbers there is this risk.

I would not know what to suggest without knowing how the model looks like
but I am also not an expert in floating point. Vincent: do you have an idea?

Christian Schulte, www.gecode.org/~schulte

Professor of Computer Science, KTH, cschulte at kth.se

Expert Researcher, SICS, cschulte at sics.se