[gecode-users] model with float variables sometimes hangs during search

Kurt Van Den Branden kurt.vandenbranden at agfa.com
Wed Apr 15 15:59:41 CEST 2015

hi,

I have a Gecode model that uses float variables.
I use a BAB searchengine with a Search::TimeStop object to interrupt the
search when it takes too long.

I noticed that when the model is created with certain parameters, the
search isn't interrupted at the requested timelimit.
it either continues a lot longer than allowed, or it doesn't stop at all.

in these cases, the debugger shows that it's the method Space::status that
doesn't return sometimes.
it keeps on propagating and never stops.

I haven't been able to reproduce this with a limited test model yet.

Does anybody have tips on what could cause this problem?

Kind Regards,

Kurt Van Den Branden | Agfa Graphics