[gecode-users] Stability of a solution

Philippe aqwzsxaqwzsx at orange.fr
Wed Oct 16 00:09:00 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I have a constraint satisfaction problem correctly solved by gecode
using a Branch &  Bound engine. However, I have a stability issue :
This problem should be solved frequently with minor changes and I
get a different solution each time I solve it (I solve it from scratch
 every 3 s and the search is time constrained to 10 ms)

Thus, to have a stable solution, I have to know if the previous solution
 is still valid and I have to compare its cost (relatively the updated problem)
to the best new solution. Unfortunately, this previous solution is not always
 analyzed (even if this solution is  probably still relevant) since I am time
constrained.

Is there an elegant way to check if the previous solution is still valid and to
 compute its cost?

Thanks for tips,
Cheers,
Philippe