[gecode-users] half reification and expressions in MiniModel

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Tue Jul 16 18:02:05 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am looking at half reification and how to add support for it to
ECLiPSe's Gecode interface. In particular, I am looking at expressions
posted in the MiniModel:

Looking at the documentation, I don't think the reified form of rel() --
the one with a boolean control variable -- is supported by the MiniModel.

However, in my existing code, I do support the equivalent of reified
rel() by posting the BoolExpr:

B == <IntRel>

where B is the boolean control variable.

In addition, the following are also supported:

B >> <IntRel>

<IntRel> >> B

If I understand correctly, these two are logically equivalent to the two
half reification cases.

I am wondering if the above forms will now take full advantage of the
half reification facilities of Gecode 4?

Thanks in advance for any information!

Cheers,

Kish