[gecode-users] splitting branching in full enumeration and first-fail check

Martin Mann mmann at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Jan 27 12:09:02 CET 2013

Dear Gecoders,

I am working on a small problem where the CSP variables are split into
two subsets A and B.

For set A, a full enumeration of all valid assignments is wanted while
for set B a single check for a valid assignment is sufficent.

Some years ago with Gecode 1.3 I wrote my own branching that did the
latter part.
Thus, first normal branch on A followed by pseudo-branching on B. The
latter stopped the subsearch for B after the first solution was found
such that the search in A was continued and so on.

So my question: is there a direct support for such a scheme in Gecode
3.7? Or do I have to find my old branching implementation and make it
ready for the new version? I am crossing fingers you have something
ready.. :/

Thanks for your help,
Martin

--
Dr. Martin Mann, Postdoc assistant
Bioinformatics - Inst. of Computer Science