[gecode-users] Adding restart-based search to ECLiPSe's interface to Gecode

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Wed Aug 21 19:07:48 CEST 2013

Hi Christian,

Thanks again for your reply!

On 21/08/2013 09:53, Christian Schulte wrote:
> Yes, that can be done.  There is even a virtual base class for it (so a type
> for all engines). It is Gecode::Search::Engine.

As far as I can tell from the documentation pages, sengine in my code is
(a pointer to) class Gecode::Search::Engine, in

Engine* Gecode::Search::bab(...)

Engine* Gecode::Search::dfs(...)

Engine* Gecode::Search::rbs(...)

clicking on the "Engine" in the reference doc brings me to the
Gecode::Search::Engine page.

So am I doing this incorrectly (I am not very familiar with C++)? Should
I be assigning the engine type differently than what I am doing with
sengine (and sengine0 -- it would be much better if I don't have to
explicitly use two Engines)?

Cheers,

Kish