[gecode-users] Large Neighbourhood Search - Destroying the solution

Joan Sala Reixach jsalareixach at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 14:01:28 CEST 2012

Hello,

I've been trying to implement this LNS engine. The idea is that once a
solution is found, some part of this solution is destroyed to be
re-inserted in some different way. I don't really understand how this can
be done though. Currently I build a completely new model constraining the
variables that are not destroyed to take the values they had in the
previous solution. Is there some better way to "unassign" a variable though?

Many thanks,
Joan