[gecode-users] MinimizeScript: Beginners Question

Josef Eisl zapster at zapster.cc
Tue Jan 17 11:16:30 CET 2012

Hello,

I am currently modelling my first optimisation problem using Gecode.
Apparently MinimizeScript (as well as MinimizeSpace) consider all
solutions, not only the one with the minimal cost() value.
As far as I understood it, the constraint(Space&) method is used to add
restrictions so that the next solution is better than the current. That
means that the last solution must be the optimal solution.
If I want to find all optimal solutions I have to change constrain form
cost_value < old.cost() to something like cost_value <= old.cost(). Are
these assumptions correct?
Now the real question. Is it possible to configure MinimizeScript in a
way that it only prints the very last (optimal) solution?
Is it possible that the commandline option -solutions is used in respect
to optimal solutions s.t. -solutions 0 means "print all optimal
solution", -solutions 1 "print the first optimal solution" and so on.

I am sorry if the answer to my questions is obvious but I didn't manage
to find it in the docs or mailing list.

Thanks for making such a great piece of software and for keeping it
available for everyone!

br
Josef