[gecode-users] documentation for member propagator

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Mon Sep 26 17:42:38 CEST 2011

On 26/09/2011 11:50, Christian Schulte wrote:
> Right, all constraint post functions for integer constraints have the
> optional IntConLevel argument as last argument even though only one
> consistency level might be supported.

I am suggesting it might be a good idea to always describe the IntConLev
argument in the reference documentation. At the moment there is the
"dummy" argument for member, and it would be nice to add IntConLev icl =
ICL_DEF as there are in other constraints, and to say what value is
supported for icl, even if it is only one. In some cases, such as for
some of the element constraints, and for precede, there is a IntCOnLev =
ICL_DEF, but no description of the values available. I have in general
assumed that this means that the constraint does not achieve any of the
defined propagation level, as I think you told me for the scheduling
constraints, but I am not so sure this is the always the case: for
element, some of the variants do specify the IntConLev, and ICL_BND and
ICL_DOM are available, so does these levels also apply to the element
where IntConLev is not described?

For precede, the Global Constraint Catalog specify a domain consistent
filtering for the constraints (int_value_precede and
int_value_precede_chain), and I suspect this is what the Gecode version
of the constraint achieves, is this the case?

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.