[gecode-users] Gecode 4.0.0

Filip Konvička filip.konvicka at logis.cz
Fri Nov 4 15:53:33 CET 2011

All,

Thanks for the update.  This all sounds very good to me.

Vincent, I haven't experimented much with low-level libraries for
rounding and controlling the FPU on Windows.  But I'd say if there are
issues with the trigonometric functions then just don't include them in
the first release.  Once more people can get their hands on this it
could be you get the solution for free :-)

I was looking into smath some time ago but I think this is not much
portable (and probably not maintained anymore).  And the subject is so
tricky that I think it is not a good idea to start some new
implementation.  I think it's better to have a configuration option to
include any library available and supported by Boost.Interval, and as a
consequence enabling/disabling some constraints implementations in
Gecode based on the capabilities.  The point is, some people (like me)
may not need Trigonometric and Transcendental functions at all...  But
this is also for Christian to decide whether this approach is acceptable
(sometimes having a constraint available and sometimes not).

Best Regards,
Filip