[gecode-users] task end times in cululative/unary constraints

Guido Tack tack at gecode.org
Mon May 23 15:51:12 CEST 2011

On 23 May 2011, at 15:41, Kish Shen wrote:
> Do you mean that in my specific situation, where the user only sees the start and duration times, that these might be given incorrect values, or is it only the end times that might be given incorrect values? [I guess this boils down to if you use both start and end times to check for overlapping of tasks, rather than start and duration]

You may get overlapping tasks, i.e., incorrect start and duration times as well.  So you should definitely check whether e.g. the durations are fixed - in that case, use the special version.  If you have to introduce end time variables in order to post the constraint, also post end=start+dur.

Guido Tack, http://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~guido.tack/