[gecode-users] Channel Constraints

Daniel Araya daniel.araya at gmail.com
Fri May 20 21:59:50 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist
<zayenz at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2011/5/20 Daniel Araya <daniel.araya at gmail.com>:
> > I'm using Gecode/J for make some tests
>
> First of all, Gecode/J has been discontinued for quite some time now.
> There are a lot of bugs and it is very slow compared to other methods
> of running Gecode. In other words, it shouldn't be used anymore.
>
> If your need is to integrate Gecode into a Java project, it is much
> better to write the model in C++, and to write a small and simple
> JNI-function that takes any parameters needed and instantiates and
> runs the model.

Thanks Mikael for the update.  I use Gecode/J only for test...
But, this restriction is "more easy" to implement in Gecode C++?

> > and I have to make channel constraint related to:
> >
> > If X_i=j then Y_i_j=1
> >
> > but the documentation says:
> >
> > "Throws an exception of type Int.ArgumentSizeMismatch, if x and y are of
> > different size."
> >
> > There is some additional approach to address these kinds of restrictions?
>
> If that is the constraint you want, then the restriction is strictly
> necessary. If x and y are of different sizes, then the constraint
> would be trivially violated, and represents an error in constructing
> the model.

I'm not sure about the posibility for make this restriction without reified
constraint, do you
have any ideas? Exit any example in Gecode C++?

Thanks. BR,

--
Daniel