[gecode-users] Channel Constraints

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Fri May 20 07:34:18 CEST 2011

2011/5/20 Daniel Araya <daniel.araya at gmail.com>:
> I'm using Gecode/J for make some tests

First of all, Gecode/J has been discontinued for quite some time now.
There are a lot of bugs and it is very slow compared to other methods
of running Gecode. In other words, it shouldn't be used anymore.

If your need is to integrate Gecode into a Java project, it is much
better to write the model in C++, and to write a small and simple
JNI-function that takes any parameters needed and instantiates and
runs the model.

> and I have to make channel constraint related to:
>
> If X_i=j then Y_i_j=1
>
> but the documentation says:
>
> "Throws an exception of type Int.ArgumentSizeMismatch, if x and y are of
> different size."
>
> There is some additional approach to address these kinds of restrictions?

If that is the constraint you want, then the restriction is strictly
necessary. If x and y are of different sizes, then the constraint
would be trivially violated, and represents an error in constructing
the model.

Cheers,
Mikael

--