[gecode-users] g++ version 4.2 requirement

Martin Mann mmann at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu May 12 13:44:37 CEST 2011

Hi Gecoder,

I tried to compile Gecode 3.5 on an older system with g++ 4.1.2 and it
failed since the configure checks and requires g++ 4.2 or higher.

Is this really a strict requirement or only needed for certain modules
or features?

I am still in the static build scenario. If I statically build the
binary on a system with g++ 4.5 and run it on the old machine it crashes
due to kernel incompatibilites. Somewhat expected..

Do you see a workaround? Is the dependency strict or for efficiency?

Thanks for help,
Martin

--
Martin Mann, Dipl. Bioinf.
Bioinformatics - Inst. of Computer Science