[gecode-users] Fwd: GeCode on VS 2010

Guido Tack tack at gecode.org
Thu Mar 31 11:29:37 CEST 2011

sergio nuñez wrote:
> I have the following problem getting a GeCode problem example to run on my VS 2010 (Windows 7). Any help would be appreciated - I might have missed some steps in setting things up correctly.
>
> I downloaded the package "Gecode-3.5.0-x64-2010.msi" and installed it on my system.
>
> I then started a new project with VS 2010 and pasted the code for an example "queens.cpp" into the .cpp of my new project.
>
> I then went to the Configuration Settings of the project and added /include and /lib as additional entries (for both debug and release).
>
> And then builded and compiled, the following error messages appeared:
>
> 1>..\queens.cpp(43): fatal error C1083: 'QtGui': No such file or directory
>
> So, i have intalled the Qt libraries (added \include\QtGui and \include as additional entries), and then i try again to compile and build the project. But the following error messages appeared:

The problem is that the Gecode binary package includes the Qt libraries but not the header files.  The queens.cpp example implements a custom visualization and therefore needs the Qt headers, but if you install Qt from the original binary package, the libraries won't be compatible with the ones in the Gecode package...
Please try a different example (one that doesn't include QtGui, e.g. golomb-ruler.cpp).  If you indeed want to compile against the Qt library, you will have to compile Gecode from the sources.

Guido Tack, http://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~guido.tack/