[gecode-users] Which version of MSVC on Windows?

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Fri Feb 4 17:00:42 CET 2011

Dear all,

There has been some discussion recently as to which versions of MSVC for
Windows are supported with Gecode.

The answer is simple enough: we support 2008 but 2005 and 2010 also work. As
a proof-of-concept we also built packages with MSVC 2010 for those who
already use that version. The 2010 versions are not linked on the webpages
but can be downloaded from:
	x86:	http://www.gecode.org/download/Gecode-3.5.0-x86-2010.msi
	x64:	http://www.gecode.org/download/Gecode-3.5.0-x64-2010.msi

Now the question is: shall we make both variants available? Or is that bound
to create too much confusion? Shall we keep 2008 and wait until, for
example, Qt upgrades MSVC 2010 to a prime platform?

We would be interested to know what you think. And, of course, before you
write, check whether the 2010 versions actually work for you!

Christian Schulte, web.ict.kth.se/~cschulte/