[gecode-users] Edge-finding evaluation

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Tue Nov 23 11:17:11 CET 2010

Dear Roger,

That sounds very interesting.

But first a word of warning: the cumulative scheduling propagator in Gecode
3.4.2 is still experimental: we ourselves have not fully evaluated its
performance and so on (the documentation in MPG marks the scheduling support
as still experimental).

As it comes to integration of your algorithm you might want to consult Part
P (Programming Propagators) in MPG (Modeling and Programming with Gecode).
Implementing a new constraint requires the implementation of the
corresponding propagator as detailed there.

The function stop(t, cout) stops the timer t and prints it on cout (a
standard output stream). Please consult the files:
	gecode/driver/script.hpp
	gecode/driver/script.cpp
In general these pieces of information are found best by searching the
reference documentation for Gecode.

As an alternative, when you want to print to a textfile you should redirect
the output printed in a standard shell to a file, so there is definitely no
need to hack the script stuff in Gecode.

For setting the time limit, just invoke the -help switch of any of the
Gecode examples. It tells you how (also consult Chapter 11 in the first part
of MPG how to use the commandline driver).

Best

Christian Schulte, www.ict.kth.se/~cschulte/