[gecode-users] Is it possible to support gecode gcc411?

Guido Tack tack at gecode.org
Wed Nov 17 14:34:57 CET 2010

debbie lin wrote:

> Gecode is really an amazing great CSP solver. Thanks for your effect great work.
> I'm planning to integrate gecode with my current work. However, I can use
> gcc411 compiler only.
> Is it possible to support gcc411 compiler?

We cannot support gcc 4.1.1 officially, it has serious bugs that are impossible to work around and that lead to code in Gecode not functioning correctly.
If you really want to try, you can work around the compilation issues using the attached patch (apply using patch -0 < gcc4patch, then run autoconf, then simply configure and make).  It makes some things public that shouldn't have to be public (but gcc < 4.2 does not implement the C++ specs correctly).  No guarantees, though - the code should compile and it may work, but it will contain subtle bugs, in particular in the set constraints.