[gecode-users] Propagation for reasoning with models

Nacho ncasti at fdi.ucm.es
Sat Nov 6 11:44:00 CET 2010

Hi all,
We are using Gecode as a external FD solver for our system, which basically
reason about models. Our system is implemented in Prolog, and we rely in the
Prolog backtracking mechanism. We need to add and remove constraints from a
Gecode Space. As it is not possible to remove constraints from a Space, you
recommended me to clone each Space before any new constraint is added.

Now we are planning a non-propagation mode for our system, in order to allow the
user the possibility of propagate or not the different constraints which are
added to the model. With this, we are trying to stablish a new configuration
reducing the spent time in the solver interface layer. However, I can not
inmediately implement this feature in my Gecode integration, as the Space
becomes non-stable and this forbids the clonning process. Would it be possible
to implement this feature in the context we are using Gecode for?

Thank you very much in advance,
Nacho