[gecode-users] How to share living space object in Gecode 3.3.1

Guido Tack tack at gecode.org
Thu May 27 09:26:30 CEST 2010

Vincent Barichard wrote:
> Before Gecode 3.3.1 I used the CopiedHandle to share an object between propagators in Space.
> The propagators stored useful information in this object (for example the number of "EqDom" propagators).
> These data are analyzed later in the branch-and-bound algorithm (which is a home-made algorithm).
>
> In Gecode 3.3.1 the CopiedHandle disappeared, so how could I share this object ? Maybe there is a simple way which I don't know yet ?

The memory management of CopiedHandle was completely broken and beyond repair, so we removed it. It may have worked for just exactly the case you used it for.  I have just started implementing a replacement, it may become part of the next release (or the one after that).
For the time being, you could use a SharedHandle and always update it using false as the share argument (false here only means no sharing between spaces - the sharing within a space is always preserved!).
Would this be a workaround for your problem?

Guido Tack, http://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~guido.tack/