[gecode-users] GIST

Guido Tack tack at gecode.org
Wed Mar 31 10:06:34 CEST 2010

Hi,

the exports were indeed wrong.  I fixed it in the Gecode svn trunk, it will be part of the next release.  I also added a small example that shows how to embed the Gist widget in your own Qt code.

Gist currently depends on Gecode, but it should be possible to replace the Gecode-specific parts.  One way of doing that would be to mimic Gecode's Space interface, i.e. implement your own Space class that has the same methods and works similarly.  I think then you would just need to remove the use of dfs in SpaceNode and TreeCanvas (they are only necessary for subtle recomputation issues related to Gecode internals).  Alternatively, you could reimplement SpaceNode to match your solver, and adapt all references to spaces from the remaining code (but I guess that's more work).

We usually only make parts of Gecode more generic if someone uses that genericity.  So if you need a more generic Gist and run into problems with the current design, please let us know!