[gecode-users] Accumulated failure count and variables part of a failure

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Wed Jun 23 11:18:28 CEST 2010

Hi David,

Let me try to give some reasonable answers:

 - I am not sure whether I really get the first question. But yes, in this
situation the AFC of a _propagator_ can only increase.

 - You are right, the AFC of a _variable_ can in fact decrease in the cases
you describe. It even makes sense: the variable has become less difficult as
less propagators that have failed in the past depend on it.

Actually, your idea of deducing something from the AFC before and after
sounds quite interesting. I would be very interested to know whether this
works for you.

Best

Christian Schulte, www.ict.kth.se/~cschulte/