[gecode-users] API compatibility of gecode 3.4.0 with older versions?

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 08:36:35 CEST 2010

Hi Kish,

Yes, the API has changed significantly between 3.0.2 and 3.4.0. The 3.4.0
release in particular has had a lot of changes in conjunction with writing
Modeling and Programming with Gecode to make the interfaces consistent and
easier to explain. Our version-number strategy is documented here:
http://www.gecode.org/changes.html All relevant API-changes are documented
in the changelog for the version they are introduced for.

As for the init function, it was removed since it is not needed. If you
wrote
 a.init(*this, 0, 10);
with a an IntVar, you can replace it with
 a = IntVar(*this, 0, 10);

Cheers,
Mikael

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist, http://www.ict.kth.se/~zayenz/