[gecode-users] Stopping Gecode Engine gracefully

Guido Tack tack at gecode.org
Fri Apr 9 09:09:35 CEST 2010

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve.  Does your model run out of memory with the standard recomputation parameters? Then you should increase both c_d and a_d (the default for a_d is 2, so just not setting it leaves it switched on).
But I'm not sure what you mean by max memory utilization.  The higher the c_d is, the less memory Gecode will use.  If you want Gecode to use more memory (and hence less time for most models), leave c_d at its default.
The tradeoff is to use more memory (low c_d) OR use more time (high c_d).