[gecode-users] a help with matrix and a function for a constraint verification

Claudio Cesar de Sá claudio at colmeia.udesc.br
Thu Apr 8 14:07:12 CEST 2010

Dear coleauges

The problem is easy in its formulation... however, it has been
difficult for me.

The output desired is a matrix NxN, filled with 0 and 1.
This matrix must be accepted by a checker function,
i.e., it is a constraint such:

  f_checker( MATRIX  , parameter_fix ) == TRUE
  so, if this f_checker return TRUE, this  solution admissible.

Questions:

Is possible to use something like

IntVarArray  my_matrix; //

public:
  /// Actual model
  My_problem(const SizeOptions& opt) :
          my_matrix(*this, size*size, 0, 1)
   {
      Matrix<IntVarArray>  MATRIX( my_matrix , size, size);

//How to post the constraint from a function, like:
  f_checker( MATRIX  , parameter_fix ) == TRUE
is it works?

  // Install branching
    branch(*this,  my_matrix , INT_VAR_NONE, INT_VAL_MAX);

}

Is exist any alternative for directly to use matrix in Gecode?
Alternatives to work with matrix and constraints?

claudio

   (
   ))
  |""|-.