[gecode-users] Gecode and Gist on Mac OS 10.6 "Snow Leopard"

Gustavo Gutierrez gutierrez.gustavo at uclouvain.be
Fri Sep 4 14:20:55 CEST 2009

On 04 Sep 2009, at 13:50, Guido Tack wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've just upgraded my Mac to Snow Leopard and XCode 3.2 and ran a few
> quick checks.  It seems everything works well.  Here's a couple of
> notes:
>
> The installer package from the Gecode download page apparently works
> out of the box.
>
> It seems that the installer package for Qt 4.5 has some issues on Snow
> Leopard.  As noted on
> 	http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009/08/31/qt-46-on-mac-os-106/
> it may be necessary to uncheck the installation of Qt documentation.
>
> If you build Gecode yourself, you have to know that XCode 3.2 uses gcc
> 4.2.1 by default.  You therefore don't have to configure with
> CC=gcc-4.2 CXX=g++-4.2 any longer.  The new gcc is configured to
> produce 64 bit code by default.  This is fine unless you want to
> compile Gist against the Qt binary package, which is 32 bit only.  In
> this case, simply configure with --with-architectures=i386.
>
> If you encounter any other issues, let me know!

Apart from what you mentioned, the only thing I notice is that with
some trees in gist, some horizontal and vertical lines are drawn
around some nodes. This is randomly or at least I could not identify a
more deterministic pattern, probably it has something related to qt
and not to gecode.

Everything else seems to work fine, at least for me. I don't use the
binary installer, tough.

Regards,
Gustavo